The communication between managers and employees requires a permanent attention, especially from the perspective of training and retaining high potential and high performance employees, in order to ensure an efficient management of talents. If in theory, this is not complicated, in practice, managers realize that it is a process quite difficult to implement.
- Understand the connections between different talent management processes;
- Identify the key steps required to align talent management process to the organizational strategy;
- Identify the influence of the employer branding on attracting talents;
- Explore talent development and engagement solutions;
- Learn to retain top talents in order to reach organizational goals;
- Understand the different methods of measuring the impact of talent management actions;
- Practice the use of talent management tools;
- Analyze case studies that present successful examples of implementing talent management programs.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Develop an integrated approach to the connections that exist between the different talent management processes;
- Use key tools to attract, develop and retain high performance employees;
- Use the talent wheel within their organization;
- Develop an employee engagement action plan;
- Align organizational needs with employee competences.
Day 1: Talent management and talent wheel
Introduction to talent management and the talent wheel
- Defining employee engagement;
- Defining talent management;
- Using the talent wheel;
- Defining individual performance management;
- Defining succession management.
Exercise: The talent wheel in your organization.
The Individual Performance Management (IPM) System
- Components of the IPM system;
- Defining key terms: objectives, KPIs, evaluation criteria;
- Using key tools in IPM.
Activity: Mind-mapping key tools and concepts in IPM;
Group discussion: Designing an IPM system.
Implementing an individual performance management (IPM) system
- Establishing KPIs at individual level;
- The role of competences and behaviors in IPM;
- The development plan at individual level;
- Preparing and running performance evaluation meetings.
Simulation: Filling out an individual performance plan;
Templates: Career plan, individual Scorecard, development plan.
- Succession management key tools: 9-Box;
- Methods for evaluating performance;
- Methods for evaluating potential;
- Designing career paths;
- Development programs for high potential employees.
Case study: Development programs;
Templates: 9-Box, examples of suppliers and their tools.
Day 2: Employee management
Planning succession management efforts
- Matching staff needs with individual competences;
- Succession management stakeholders and their roles;
- Succession management roadmap;
- Succession management calendar;
- The impact of succession management efforts.
Exercise: Identifying successors;
Templates: Succession management roadmap and calendar.
Measuring employee engagement
- Employee engagement surveys;
- Employee engagement reports;
- Selecting an employee engagement supplier;
- Numbers vs. behaviors in employee engagement.
In practice: Criteria for selecting employee engagement suppliers.
Templates: Questionnaire examples, report examples.
Improving employee engagement
- Putting your own engagement first;
- Employee engagement is contagious;
- Employee engagement at team level;
- Establishing employee engagement action plans;
- Running employee engagement meetings.
Simulation: Creating an employee engagement action plan.
Templates: Action plan, meeting agenda.
Other talent management topics
- Attracting talent;
- Employer branding;
- Questions and answers; open discussion.
✔ Course material
Participants will receive a hard and an electronic copy of the course, as well as a document that comprises the exercises solved during the training sessions.
✔ Field-related resources
Participants will receive a set of resources that includes the HR Dashboard, action plan – employee engagement, individual performance management templates, annual calendar – employee engagement, career pathing.
✔ Premium Subscription – 3 months
Participants will have access to over 7,000 KPIs examples, to 38 documentation fields and will be able to export 500 documented KPIs from our platform indicatorideperformanta.ro. Moreover, they will be given access to the “Top 10 KPIs in 2010” report, and to a “Top 25 KPIs in 2010” report of their choice.
✔ Other resources
Participants will receive the KPI Infographic developed by the KPI Institute, which is a brief presentation of good practices in using KPIs.
Our courses were attended by participants from organizations such as:
Who should attend?
People interested in talent management
This training course is addressed to people interested in talent management, and people who search to understand the relationship between concepts such as talent attraction and retention, performance management, potential evaluation, employee engagement or employer branding. Professionals in the field and other categories of people interested in talent management will acquire the knowledge needed in order to identify the right people and well trained candidates to take over the right position within organizations. The course focuses on providing examples, case studies and exercises, which together constitute a unique learning experience.
Top/middle/lower management people
Individuals from top/middle/lower management and their respective organizations, regardless of their field of expertise, who are interested in talent management for their team or department, will be glad to learn innovative methods for integrating talent management processes. The networking opportunity and the possibility to share their experience represent a great learning experience for participants. In addition to this, by sharing good practice in the field, the participants and the trainer can come up with solutions to the challenges that exist within organizations.
This course offers HR professionals, such as HR Consultants, HR Managers or HR Associates, the opportunity to obtain recognition for their knowledge in the field. Talent management is an inevitable process within organizations. However, many times, the approach and the processes are not standardized. Talent management should be approached in a strategic and rigorous manner in order to ensure a higher efficiency in terms of talent distribution. This training course provides professionals in the field with the tools and methodology required for a successful integration of talent management processes. Moreover, by attending this course, participants can learn new good practices in the field from peer professionals coming from different organizations.
Business Research Analyst and Trainer
Master’s in Accounting
Master’s in Organizational Management
Cristina Tărâță is a Senior Research Analyst and facilitator at INTEGERPERFORM, the consulting arm of The KPI Institute, the global authority on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) research and education.
As coordinator of the research activity, she contributed to:
- The development of the platform smartkpis.com, by documenting over 1,000 KPIs from 16 functional areas and 25 industries;
- The launch of over 90 “Top 25 KPIs in 2011-2012” reports;
- The development of “The KPI Compendium”, a publication that comprises more than 20,000 KPIs.
Moreover, Cristina is involved in consultancy projects on the implementation of Balanced Scorecard-based performance management systems at strategic, operational and individual level, as well as the review of performance management systems architecture in companies from various fields such as the petrochemical industry, medical services, the public sector and professional services. Cristina is also one of the contributors to Performance Magazine, an online magazine on performance management, where she writes weekly articles on performance management topics.
As a trainer certified by the National Authority for Qualifications from Romania, Cristina delivered the following performance management training courses and workshops:
- In-house seminars for the implementation of a performance management system at INTEGERPERFORM;
- The “Performance Management in Call Centers: KPIs, Scorecard and Dashboard” training course;
- The “Performance Criteria, Evaluating and Improving Employee Performance” training course, as part of the advisory project for the company CELCO;
- The “Key Performance Indicators for HR: Scorecard and Dashboard” workshop;
- The “Friday Night at the ER” business simulation, as part of the “Performance Management in Romania – 2013” Conference, held in Sibiu, Romania.
Her professional development is supported by her participation in conferences held in Romania and abroad, both as attendee and speaker. Cristina attended the following conferences:
- “Human Resources Shared Services and Outsourcing Summit 2014”, Chicago, United States of America;
- “Performance Management in Romania 2013”, Sibiu, Romania;
- “Balanced Scorecard & Strategy Summit 2013”, Dubai, United Arab Emirates;
- “Balanced Scorecard Master Class” facilitated by Dr. Robert Kaplan and Dr. David Norton, 2013, Dubai, United Arab Emirates;
- “Performance Management in Romania 2012”, Sibiu, Romania.
The “Integrating Talent Management Processes” training course provides an interactive practice-based learning environment in which participants:
- Apply the knowledge acquired during each training session in exercises;
- Analyze case studies and interpret results;
- Share their own experience and good practices in the field;
- Are part of a knowledge evaluation process both before and after the training course.
At the end of the course, participants will take a knowledge test that comprises 20 questions. The maximum score that can be obtained is 20 points and in order to receive the diploma that acknowledges their competences in the field, participants must obtain at least 10 points.
Contact us for details and registration!
Marketing and PR Coordinator
Phone: +40 369 801 650
Mobile: +40 746 673 701
“This training course enabled participants to share information and their own experience. The resources and references provided during each training session were extremely useful and relevant.”
Liliana Grigoraş, HR Specialist, Emag
“The training course can be defined through a good correlation with the Balanced Scorecard principle. The trainer is a true professional who showed passion for the topic discussed.”
Bogdan Rotaru, HR Specialist, IKEA Romania
1. What is the value added of this course?
The main advantages of participating in this course are the possibility to understand the connection between the different talent management processes through an integrated approach, and the possibility to acquire the skills needed in order to know how to use key instruments to attract, develop and retain high performance employees. Moreover, participants can share their experience, as well as good practices, during group discussions and exercises.
2. How do I get access to course materials and other resources?
Each participant will receive an e-mail with the course materials within 3 days from the termination of the course. The 3-month Premium subscription to the platform www.indicatorideperformanta.ro will become active starting with the second day after the end of the course.
3. Should I study prior to the course?
The participation in this course is not conditioned by a prior preparation or research in the field. The first training session is designed as an introduction to the world of KPIs, and it is meant to provide a common knowledge base for all participants.
4. Are there other useful resources that I could use in my continuous professional training?
Each participant will receive a document with a list of recommended readings in the field. In addition to this, participants interested in their continuous training in this field can access www.indicatorideperformanta.ro/blog, in order to get the latest performance management news.
5. Can another person replace the person that signed up for the course?
You can appoint someone else to attend the course, without paying another registration fee, should you not be able to participate in the course, subsequent to your registration.
Mihaela Melenciuc, Recruitment, Assessment and Engagement Manager, Adrem Invest