KPIs for ITIL Processes (Service Management)
Nowadays, great opportunities can arise for companies due to the possibility of getting engaged in international business activities, facilitated by the Internet. Along with these opportunities, arise the challenges related to information confidentiality and integrity, as well as information and service availability.
Organizations must be able to meet and surpass expectations while working efficiently. Consistent, repeatable processes are the key to efficiency, efficacy and the ability to improve services. These processes are presented within ITIL (Technology Infrastructure Library) – the best practice in IT Service Management at international level.
This course offers participants the opportunity to:
- Know the KPIs and the activities specific for ITIL processes;
- Identify, select and analyze KPIs from the IT Service Management perspective;
- Exercise the utilization of ITIL practices, the application of IT standards and interpret the connections between processes.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Analyze KPIs from the perspective of ITIL processes;
- Identify specific activities for every ITIL process;
- Interpret KPI results for every ITIL process;
- Assess activities within every ITIL process;
- Acquire best practices for the gradual distribution of efforts.
Presenting ITIL processes and their connection
ITIL (maturity level) – presentation and understanding
- What is ITIL?
- ITIL methodology and expertise levels;
- Evaluating the maturity level.
Which are the stages of an ITIL service and its corresponding processes
- ITIL stages, processes and functions;
- Inputs/Outputs in ITIL stages and their impact on the structure of Service Management performance indicators.
Evaluating the activities within the processes, best practices regarding the gradual distribution of effort
- Which are the specific activities for every process?
- How are activities distributed in all the stages of a service, from initiation to closing, and which are the best practices involved?
Performance Management from the IT Service Management perspective
- Performance Management – general concept;
- Performance Management from the IT Service Management perspective;
- What is the relationship between ITIL and Performance Management?
KPI lifecycle for every ITIL process
KPI identification within every ITIL process and their relationship;
- Key performance indicators – definition;
- Connections between KPIs and their impact on performance measurement.
Selecting and defining KPIs
- Identifying KPIs at different levels depending on ITIL processes;
- KPI selection;
- KPI cascading from managerial to operational level.
Processing and analyzing data gathered
- How is data gathered? What are the connections between data and how are the results being processed?
- Analyzing KPI value: history, baseline, trend, current value and projection.
Case study (interpreting some KPI results for every ITIL process)
- Case study: KPI for IT companies and KPIs for non-IT companies;
- Interpreting results and comparing the two situations, what is the impact of the company’s specific activity?
✔ Course material
Participants will receive a hard and an electronic copy of the course, as well as an Excel document that comprises the exercises solved during the training sessions.
✔ Field-related resources
Participants will receive a set of resources that includes The Performance Management System Architecture, Dashboard, Scorecard, The Desired State of Evolution, The Strategy Map, The Portfolio of Initiatives, and performance management monitoring process.
✔ Premium Subscription – 3 months
Participants will have access to over 7,000 KPIs examples, to 38 documentation fields and will be able to export 500 documented KPIs from our platform indicatorideperformanta.ro. Moreover, they will be given access to the “Top 20 KPIs in 2010” report, and to a “Top 25 KPIs in 2010” report of their choice.
✔ Other resources
Participants will receive the KPI Infographic developed by the KPI Institute, which is a brief presentation of good practices in using KPIs.
Who should attend?
People interested in the performance of ITIL processes
This training course is designed for people interested in measuring performance within ITIL processes and who want to understand both the ITIL processes and their benefits. One of the main benefits of this program is the opportunity to learn the methods of identifying a good IT Service Management from experts in the field. Participants also have the opportunity to acquire the knowledge needed for a complex approach to the field, the ability to make the connection between Service Management and performance management, to use KPIs relevant for improving IT Service Management. The course provides participants with examples, case studies and practical exercises, which together constitute a unique learning experience.
IT professionals, such as IT Managers, Business Managers or IT Consultants, can find it important to understand and identify a good Service Management. For them, the need for an increased thoroughness in working with KPIs is one of the main aspects addressed by this training course. Experts need examples of good practices in the field, and the course is a great opportunity to learn from the trainer and fellow professionals from other organizations.
Nicoleta Pulbere is a professional with experience in operations management, leadership, project management and strategy.
She has an over ten-year experience in IT, having worked in companies such as Vodafone, Siemens and OMV Petrom. In the last few years, she focused on the establishment, measurement and monitoring of Key Performance Indicators and the permanent improvement of the IT services performance.
Nicoleta has practical experience in the implementation of performance management projects and tools such as Dashboards, Balanced Scorecard, Performance Evaluation Matrix, New Employee Onboarding Plus Program, Resource Planning and IT Costs Benchmarking.
She has participated in the design, implementation, and currently, the coordination of all the ITIL processes established in OMV Petrom: Incident Management – M3 Maturity Level Certificate, Request Fulfillment – M3 Maturity Level Certificate, Change Management – M3 Maturity Level Certificate, Service Asset and Configuration – M3 Maturity Level Certificate, Service Catalogue Management – M3 Maturity Level Certificate, Event management, Problem Management, Knowledge Management and Continual Service Improvement.
She holds the following professional certificates that prove her experience and professionalism: the KPI Professional Certificate, ITIL Certifications: Foundation, Service Strategy, Service Design, Service Transition, Service Operation, Continual Service Improvement, Expert: Managing Across Lifecycle.
The “KPIs for ITIL Processes (Service Management)” training course provides an interactive practice-based learning environment in which participants:
- Apply in exercises the knowledge acquired during the course;
- Analyze case studies and interpret results;
- Share their own experience, as well as good practices in the field;
- Are part of a knowledge evaluation process both at the beginning and the end of the training course.
At the end of the course, participants will take a knowledge test that comprises 20 questions. The maximum score that can be obtained is 20 points and in order to receive the diploma that acknowledges their competences in the field, participants must obtain at least 10 points.
Contact us for details and registration!
Marketing and PR Coordinator
Phone: +40 369 801 650
Mobile: +40 746 673 701
Performance Management Cycle
1. What is the value added of this course?
The main advantages of participating in this course are the possibility to understand the stages of a service from the ITIL perspective, the relationship between ITIL and Performance Management, as well as the possibility to evaluate the activities of each process. Participants can share their experience, but also good practice during group discussions and exercises.
2. How do I get access to course materials and other resources?
Each participant will receive an e-mail with the course materials and other useful resources within 3 days from the termination of the course. The 3-month Premium subscription to the platform indicatorideperformanta.ro will become active starting with the second day after the end of the course.
3. Should I study prior to the course?
The participation in this course is not conditioned by a prior preparation or research in the field. The first training session is designed as an introduction to the world of KPIs, and it is meant to provide a common knowledge base for all participants.
4. Are there other useful resources that I could use in my continuous professional training?
Each participant will have access to a series of useful KPI resources. The materials and links provided after each training session, as well as the additional links to recommended literature in the field represent continuous learning opportunities. Moreover, in order to get the latest performance management news, participants interested in their continuous training in this field could access the blog: www.indicatorideperformanta.ro/blog.
5. Can another person replace the person that signed up for the course?
You can appoint someone else to attend the course, without paying another registration fee, should you not be able to participate in the course, subsequent to your registration.
Mihaela Melenciuc, Recruitment, Assessment and Engagement Manager, Adrem Invest