KPIs: Measurement, Learning and Optimization
This training program discusses KPI identification, selection and documentation. It offers participants information on how to develop performance measurement and monitoring tools, and introduces them to the data visualization rules.
Participants are offered support in order to understand and practice the implementation of performance management tools with the purpose of identifying KPIs for monitoring objectives and the thorough measurement of performance.
This course offers participants the opportunity to:
- Consolidate their knowledge in the field and have access to individual learning resources;
- Understand and practice the implementation of performance management tools;
- Identify KPIs for monitoring objectives;
- Identify KPIs for the thorough measurement of performance.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Adopt an integrated approach to performance management, from strategy to rezults;
- Understand the KPI documentation and data gathering processes;
- Use a Performance Measurement Maturity Model as a performance management success factor;
- Identify KPIs for monitoring the objectives set.
Understanding, selecting and documenting KPIs
Key aspects of performance measurement
- Understanding performance management and measurement;
- The role and value added of KPIs;
- Defining core theoretical concepts of setting objectives and performance targets.
Discussion: Challenges in performance measurement.
Exercise: Proposing 5 KPIs.
- Clarifying the terminology: Key Performance Indicators – KPIs;
- Integrated approach to performance management – from strategy to results;
- Understanding KPI selection criteria;
- KPI identification and selection techniques;
- Review of important KPIs.
Group activity: Case study on KPI selection.
- KPI identification;
- KPI documentation;
- Creating the KPI documentation template;
- Techniques of understanding and refining selected KPIs;
- Setting targets for KPIs.
Group activity: Applying KPI documentation templates and rules.
Data gathering and performance reporting
- Developing and improving the data gathering process;
- Techniques of motivating the data custodian team and KPI activation;
- Creating relevant performance reports;
- Developing Performance Dashboards and Scorecards;
- Data visualizations rules.
Exercise: Generating value from performance reports.
Intelligent use of KPIs
Analyzing and using performance results
- Business analysis techniques (root cause analysis, deep dive);
- Performance review meetings;
- Using KPIs as decisions and actions that generate value;
- Monitoring and improving KPIs (double loop learning).
Measuring performance in practice
- Pitfalls in performance management;
- Case studies in the field;
- In-depth analysis of 10 smartKPIs.
Simulation: KPI and Balanced Scorecard.
Performance management success determinants
- Using a Performance Measurement Maturity Model;
- Creating a performance measurement architecture;
- Data accurracy in reporting performance.
Case study: Ethics and performance measurement.
Applying the acquired knowledge within organizations
- Advice for the intelligent implementation and use of KPIs;
- Review of course materials;
- Using important templates in practice;
- Applying the acquired knowledge within organizations;
- Course overview and conclusions.
- Questions and answers; open discussion.
✔ Course material
Participants will receive a hard and an electronic copy of the course, as well as an Excel document that comprises the exercises solved during the training sessions.
✔ Field-related resources
Participants will receive a set of resources that includes The Performance Management System Architecture, Dashboard, Scorecard, The Desired State of Evolution, The Strategy Map, The Portfolio of Initiatives and the performance management monitoring process.
✔ Premium Subscription – 3 months
Participants will have access to over 7,000 KPIs examples, to 38 documentation fields and will be able to export 500 documented KPIs from our platform indicatorideperformanta.ro. Moreover, they will be given access to the “Top 20 KPIs in 2010” report, and to a “Top 25 KPIs in 2010” report of their choice.
✔ Other resources
Participants will receive the KPI Infographic developed by the KPI Institute, which is a brief presentation of good practices in using KPIs.
Our courses were attended by participants from organizations such as:
Entrepreneurs, analysts and professionals from different fields, interested in performance management, will acquire the knowledge needed to understand performance management. Moreover, they will obtain the professional recognition of these acquired competences. This is an interactive course, with a great number of exercises, case studies and examples from practice. The networking opportunity and the possibility of sharing knowledge and personal experiences constitute a unique learning experience that facilitates the gain of performance management skills.
Top/middle/lower management people
Individuals from top/middle/lower management and their respective organizations, regardless of their field of expertise, will be glad to discover in “KPIs: Measurement, Learning and Optimization” an interactive course, which provides the tools and resources required for the effective implementation of a performance management system within their organization.
Performance management experts
It is really important for professionals who occupy positions such as Strategy Manager, Performance Manager or Performance Architect to obtain recognition for their knowledge and skills in this field of expertise. The need for a more rigorous approach to the use of KPIs is one of the main aspects addressed by the “KPIs: Measurement, Learning and Optimization” course. This category of professionals already uses certain practices within their organizations, has already implemented certain processes and tools, but there remains the need to check whether the business activity lives up to the standards, and thus, identify improvement opportunities. Experts need examples of good practices in the field, and the course is a great opportunity to learn from the trainer and fellow professionals from other organizations.
Mihai Toma is a Business Research Analyst at INTEGERPERFORM, the consulting arm of The KPI Institute, the global authority on Key Performance Indicators research and education.
As a certified trainer, Mihai has designed and delivered courses such as:
- In-house seminars for the implementation of a performance management system within INTEGERPERFORM;
- “Key Performance Indicators: Measurement, Learning and Optimization”, as part of the advisory project for the company CELCO;
- “Certified Key Performance Indicators Professional”, 31 March – 2 April 2014, Muscat, Oman (The KPI Institute);
As part of his collaboration with Acumen Integrat, Mihai held the “Key Performance Indicators: Measurement, Learning and Optimization” course in 2013.
The “KPIs: Measurement, Learning and Optimization” training course provides an interactive practice-based learning environment in which participants:
- Apply in exercises the knowledge acquired during the course;
- Analyze case studies and identify solutions for the challenges encountered;
- Use templates that they can afterwards customize to suit their organizational needs;
- Share their own experience, as well as good practices in the field;
- Are part of a knowledge evaluation process throughout the entire training program.
At the end of the course, participants will take a knowledge test that comprises 20 questions. The maximum score that can be obtained is 20 points and in order to receive the diploma that acknowledges their competences in the field, participants must obtain at least 10 points.
Contact us for details and registration!
Marketing and PR Coordinator
Phone: +40 369 801 650
Mobile: +40 746 673 701
“The KPI training program is practical and necessary for any company interested in performance management and measurement. Its methodology and tools are very well documented, the examples are relevant and can be applied in practice.”
Andreea Nichifor | Humangest
“The training course provides the theoretical support needed in order to understand and apply a performance management system within your organization. Mihai really facilitated the transfer of information. It is a course that all managers involved in such a process should attend.”
Crăciun Irina, HR Director, Romelectro
“It is an extremely useful training course. After participating in this course, my ideas are much more shaped than they were before. It will certainly prove to be useful.”
Florin Ivan, Team Leader | RCS & RDS
1. What is the value added of the “KPIs: Measurement, Learning and Optimization” course?
This course is unique due to the subject matter discussed. It is the most complex KPI research project, and the facilitators have the knowledge and the experience required for an in-depth approach to this domain, with examples from practice. At the end of this program, participants will get a recognition of the competences acquired by attending this course.
2. Should I study prior to the “KPIs: Measurement, Learning and Optimization” course?
The participation in this course is not conditioned by a prior preparation or research in the field. The first training session is designed as an introduction to the world of KPIs, and it is meant to provide a common knowledge base for all participants.
3. How do I get access to course materials and other resources?
Each participant will receive an e-mail with the course materials and other useful resources within 3 days from the termination of the course. The 3-month Premium subscription to the platform indicatorideperformanta.ro will become active starting with the second day of the course.
4. Are there other useful resources that I could use in my continuous professional training?
Each participant will have access to a series of useful KPI resources. The materials and links provided after each training session, as well as the additional links to recommended literature in the field represent continuous learning opportunities. Moreover, in order to get the latest performance management news, participants interested in their continuous training in this field could access the blog: http://www.indicatorideperformanta.ro/blog.
5. Can another person replace the person that signed up for the course?
You can appoint someone else to attend the course, without paying another registration fee, should you not be able to participate in the course, subsequent to your registration.
Mihaela Todor, HR Manager, Electrogrup