Marketing for Managers and Entrepreneurs
This training course is structured as a two-day interactive training program. It seeks to help participants understand core marketing concepts, such as segmentation, targeting, positioning, the profile of the target market segment, the marketing mix, the marketing plan, and the marketing strategy. Moreover, it gives participants the opportunity to develop competences on how to provide arguments for marketing decisions.
This course offers participants the opportunity to:
- Understand the key components of the marketing process (segmentation – targeting – positioning);
- Understand the components of the marketing strategic planning;
- Understand the components of the marketing operational planning/the content of marketing decisions (at marketing mix components level).
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the key components of the marketing process: segmentation – targeting – positioning;
- Develop the competences required to provide arguments for marketing decisions;
- Set marketing objectives and make decisions regarding marketing mix components;
- Design a marketing strategic plan;
- Design a marketing operational plan.
Introduction – Adopting the marketing approach at organizational level
- Understanding core marketing concepts: target market segment, customer needs satisfaction, customer behavior, marketing mix, promotion mix, marketing plan, marketing strategy, relationship marketing, customer relations management.
Exercise: Interest – access – willingness at consumer level, consumers vs. non-consumers, theoretical market, potential market, actual market, the product from marketing perspective, the price from marketing perspective.
Providing arguments for the marketing process
- Analyzing the marketing process: market analysis, segmentation – targeting – positioning, marketing mix.
Exercise: Selecting the target segment and positioning on the market.
Marketing strategic planning
- Marketing planning (mission, vision, long term objectives, strategies).
Case study: Marketing strategic planning.
Marketing operational planning
- Marketing decisions: Setting objectives, defining the offer, establishing the prices, the components of the promotion mix, and the distribution channels.
Exercise: Setting marketing objectives, decisions regarding the components of the marketing mix (product, price, distribution and promotion).
✔ Course material
Participants will receive a hard and an electronic copy of the course, as well as a document that comprises the exercises solved during the training sessions.
✔ Premium Subscription – 1 month
Participants will have access to over 7,000 KPIs examples, to 38 documentation fields and will be able to export 500 documented KPIs from our platform indicatorideperformanta.ro. Moreover, they will be given access to the “Top 20 KPIs in 2010” report, and to a “Top 25 KPIs in 2010” report of their choice.
✔ Other resources
Participants will receive the KPI Infographic developed by the KPI Institute, which is a brief presentation of good practices in using KPIs.
Who should attend?
This training course is destined for the following categories of professionals who are not specialized in marketing, but who want to understand this domain and acquire relevant knowledge in order to learn how to build their marketing decisions:
- Entrepreneurs and managers interested in marketing;
- Sales people;
- Purchasing professionals.
Nicoleta Dorina Racolța-Paina is a professional whose competences were acquired both through her academic education and the training courses she attended.
She acquired an extensive professional experience through her seventeen-year academic teaching and research activities. Moreover, she participated in different business projects, by delivering courses and providing advisory services in the business environment. In addition to this, she carried out research programs and wrote articles presented at international conferences and published in the conference proceedings, as well as articles published in international databases and indexed journals.
- Marketing – market research;
- Marketing – behavior of the individual consumer;
- Marketing – marketing mix: Argumentation of marketing decision;
- Service marketing and management – organizational innovation;
- SMEs management.
Competences & Expertise:
- Marketing communication;
- Argumentation of managerial decisions;
- Organizational culture.
The “Marketing for Managers and Entrepreneurs” training course provides an interactive practice-based learning environment in which participants:
- Apply the knowledge acquired during each training session within their organizations;
- Use templates that they can afterwards customize to suit their organizational needs;
- Share their own experience and good practices in the field.
At the end of the course, participants will take a knowledge test that comprises 20 questions. The maximum score that can be obtained is 20 points and in order to receive the diploma that acknowledges their competences in the field, participants must obtain at least 10 points.
Contact us for details and registration!
Marketing and PR Coordinator
Phone: +40 369 801 650
Mobile: +40 746 673 701
1. What is the value added of this course?
The main advantage of participating in this course is the possibility to develop marketing strategy competences, as well as decision-making skills. The theoretical aspects of the course and the exercises discussed offer participants the opportunity to understand the marketing process at various levels: strategic, operational, etc. Moreover, participants can share their experience, as well as good practices, during group discussions and exercises, which together constitute a great learning experience.
2. How do I get access to course materials and other resources?
Each participant will receive an e-mail with the course materials and other useful resources within 3 days from the termination of the course. The 1-month Premium subscription to the platform www.indicatorideperformanta.ro will become active starting with the second day after the end of the course.
3. Should I study prior to the course?
The participation in this course is not conditioned by a prior preparation or research in the field. The first training session is designed as an introduction to the world of KPIs, and it is meant to provide a common knowledge base for all participants.
4. Are there other useful resources that I could use in my continuous professional training?
Each participant will have access to a series of useful KPI resources. The materials and links provided after each training session, as well as the additional links to recommended literature in the field represent continuous learning opportunities. Moreover, in order to get the latest performance management news, participants interested in their continuous training in this field can access the blog www.indicatorideperformanta.ro/blog
5. Can another person replace the person that signed up for the course?
You can appoint someone else to attend the course, without paying another registration fee, should you not be able to participate in the course, subsequent to your registration.
Mihaela Melenciuc, Recruitment, Assessment and Engagement Manager, Adrem Invest