This course is structured as a one-day interactive training program. Its purpose is to enable participants to understand the structured performance management system for marketing departments, with implications at strategic, operational and individual level. In addition to this, it helps participants to optimize marketing operations and to understand the complexity of working with KPIs in marketing.
This course offers participants the opportunity to:
- Understand the performance management system;
- Understand the role of performance management tools: Desired State of Evolution and Strategy Map for marketing departments;
- Learn which are the KPIs included in a Scorecard, or a Dashboard for marketing departments;
- Put forward improvement initiatives to be included in the Portfolio of Initiatives for marketing departments;
- Identify the role of the Balanced Scorecard.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Use KPIs specific for marketing departments;
- Analyze performance management at strategic, operational and individual level;
- Practice the main performance management tools used in marketing: SWOT analysis, BCG matrix, Positioning maps;
- Develop a marketing KPI catalogue;
- Use the marketing Dashboard as an essential operational performance management tool within organizations.
Performance management in marketing
Challenges and key aspects of improving performance in marketing departments
- Understanding performance management and measurement;
- Analyzing performance management at strategic, operational and individual level;
- Using the main performance management tools in marketing: SWOT analysis, BCG (Boston Consulting Group) Matrix, Positioning maps.
Mind mapping: Major challenges in marketing activities (brainstorming).
Developing a performance management system for marketing departments
Simulation: Using a Balanced Scorecard-based performance management system in practice.
- Integrated approach to performance management in marketing departments: from strategy to results;
- The performance management system architecture for marketing departments – analysis of system components and of their relationships;
- Marketing Scorecard – main component of the performance management system in marketing departments.
Case studies: The performance review meeting and setting improvement initiatives.
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Marketing Dashboard
Group activity: Identifying the top 5 KPIs for marketing departments.
- KPIs – performance measurement tools;
- Developing a marketing KPI catalogue: selecting, documenting and communicating KPIs;
- Marketing Dashboard – key operational performance management tool within organizations.
Group activity: Analyzing an example of Marketing Dashboard.
Insights for improving performance management in marketing using KPIs
- Insights for improving performance management in marketing;
- Review of course material;
- Using main templates for improving performance in marketing departments;
- Applying the concepts learned during each training session within organizations;
- Questions and answers; open discussions.
✔ Course material
Participants will receive a hard and an electronic copy of the course, as well as a document that comprises the exercises solved during the training sessions.
✔ Premium Subscription – 1 month
Participants will have access to over 7,000 KPIs examples, to 38 documentation fields and will be able to export 500 documented KPIs from our platform indicatorideperformanta.ro. Moreover, they will be given access to the “Top 10 KPIs in 2010” report, and to a “Top 25 KPIs in 2010” report of their choice.
✔ Other resources
Participants will receive the KPI Infographic developed by the KPI Institute, which is a brief presentation of good practices in using KPIs.
Who should attend?
People interested in performance management
This training course is destined to people interested in measuring and evaluating performance for marketing departments, and who want to understand both the structure and the features of a performance management system in this area. One of the main benefits of attending this course is the opportunity to learn from experts in the field how to develop a performance management system for marketing departments. The program focuses on providing participants with relevant examples, case studies and exercises, which together represent a unique learning experience.
Top/middle/lower management people
Individuals from top/middle/lower management, regardless of their field of expertise, who are interested in performance measurement and evaluation, will be glad to discover a structured approach to the implementation of a performance management system for marketing departments, as well as good practices in the field. This training course provides a better understanding of the tools and resources required to successfully implement such a system. The networking opportunity and the possibility to share their experience represent a great learning experience for participants.
By participating in this training course, marketing directors, managers, coordinators in charge of measuring performance in their department are presented with the opportunity to optimize marketing operations and to understand the complexity of using KPIs in this field. Starting from the processes and the tools they already use, participants can return in their organizations with a clearer perspective on how a performance management system should work and on how they can improve the performance management architecture in place.
Sorina Mone is a professional with a five-year experience in management and marketing. She is currently Marketing Manager in one of the largest IT services companies from Transylvania, Romania.
Sorina has a work experience acquired in both large organizations and start-ups, from various industries, supported by her academic activity (PhD in Marketing awarded in 2013) and international experience.
She was a trainee at the International Marketing Institute at the Vienna University of Economics and Business. Moreover, Sorina was part of the team which developed the www.smartKPIs.com platform.
As part of her collaboration with Acumen Integrat, Sorina delivered the following courses:
- “Key Performance Indicators: Measurement, Learning and Optimization” (2011);
- “Performance Management in Marketing: KPIs, Scorecard and Dashboard” (2010);
- “Implementation of a Balanced Scorecard-based Performance Management System”.
- Key performance indicators (KPIs);
- Performance management in marketing;
- Implementing a Balanced Scorecard-based performance management system.
Abilities & Expertise
- Project management;
- Performance management.
The “Performance Management in Marketing: KPIs, Scorecard and Dashboard” training course provides an interactive practice-based learning environment in which participants:
- Apply the knowledge acquired in exercises;
- Analyze case studies and interpret the results;
- Share their own experience and good practices in the field;
- Are part of a knowledge evaluation process.
At the end of the course, participants will take a knowledge test that comprises 20 questions. The maximum score that can be obtained is 20 points and in order to receive the diploma that acknowledges their competences in the field, participants must obtain at least 10 points.
Contact us for details and registration!
Marketing and PR Coordinator
Phone: +40 369 801 650
Mobile: +40 746 673 701
“If you are constantly concerned to measure the way in which marketing contributes to a company’s results, this is the training course you should attend. Here, you will find the tools that will enable you to improve the performance of your department and accurately evaluate it.”
Rada Teioșanu, Marketing Manager, Brinel
1. What is the value added of this course?
The main advantages of participating in this course are the possibility to understand the structured performance management system for marketing departments and to accurately evaluate performance in this field. Moreover, participants can share their experience, as well as good practices, during group discussions and exercises.
2. How do I get access to course materials and other resources?
Each participant will receive an e-mail with the course materials and other useful resources within 3 days from the termination of the course. The 1-month Premium subscription to the platform www.indicatorideperformanta.ro will become active starting with the second day after the end of the course.
3. Should I study prior to the course?
The participation in this course is not conditioned by a prior preparation or research in the field. The first training session is designed as an introduction to the world of KPIs, and it is meant to provide a common knowledge base for all participants.
4. Are there other useful resources that I could use in my continuous professional training?
Each participant will have access to a series of useful KPI resources. The materials and links provided after each training session, as well as the additional links to recommended literature in the field represent continuous learning opportunities. Moreover, in order to get the latest performance management news, participants interested in their continuous training in this field can access the blog www.indicatorideperformanta.ro/blog
5. Can another person replace the person that signed up for the course?
You can appoint someone else to attend the course, without paying another registration fee, should you not be able to participate in the course, subsequent to your registration.
Anca Gavrilă, HR Inspector, Green Sofa