Performance Management in Medical Centers: KPIs, Scorecard and Dashboard
This course is structured as a 1-day interactive training program. Its goal is to introduce participants to the structured management system from medical centers, with implications at strategic, operational and individual level. Moreover, it is designed so as to help participants succeed in optimizing operations and their competitive positioning on the market, and to understand the complexity of working with KPIs.
This course offers participants the opportunity to:
- Know the performance management system;
- Understand the role of performance management tools: Desired State of Evolution and Strategy Map for medical centers;
- Know the KPIs included in a performance Scorecard and Dashboard for medical centers and analyze them;
- Put forward improvement initiatives to be included in the Portfolio of Initiatives relevant for medical centers;
- Identify the role of a Balanced Scorecard.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the structured performance management system of medical centers with implications at strategic, operational and individual level;
- Improve their competitive positioning within the market;
- Apply the main performance management tools for medical centers: SWOT analysis;
- Provide solutions for optimizing the performance of medical centers.
Challenges and key aspects of improving performance in medical centers
Mind mapping: Challenges and key aspects of improving performance in medical centers.
- Understanding performance management and measurement;
- Performance management analysis at strategic, operational and individual level;
- Using the main performance management tools for medical centers: SWOT analysis and patient satisfaction measurement survey.
Group activity: Identifying performance management concepts and instruments.
Developing performance management system for medical centers
Simulation: Using a Balanced Scorecard-based performance management system in practice.
- Integrated approach to performance management in medical centers: from strategy to results;
- Performance management system architecture for medical centers – analysis of system components and their relationships;
- Performance monitoring Scorecard – key component of performance management systems for medical centers.
Case study: Performance review meeting and setting improvement initiatives.
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and performance Dashboard for medical centers
Group activity: Identifying top 5 KPIs for medical centers.
- KPIs – performance measurement tools;
- Developing a KPI catalogue for medical centers: selecting, documenting and communicating KPIs;
- Performance Dashboard – key performance management tool for medical centers.
Group activity: Analysis of a performance Dashboard for medical centers.
Insights for improving performance and competitiveness in medical centers
- Insights for optimizing performance in medical centers;
- Course material review;
- Deploying key templates in practice to improve performance in medical centers;
- Implementing the concepts learned during each training session within organizations;
- Questions and answers; open discussion.
✔ Course material
Participants will receive a hard and an electronic copy of the course, as well as a document that comprises the exercises solved during the training sessions.
✔ Premium Subscription – 1 month
Participants will have access to over 7,000 KPIs examples, to 38 documentation fields and will be able to export 500 documented KPIs from our platform indicatorideperformanta.ro. Moreover, they will be given access to the “Top 20 KPIs in 2010” report, and to a “Top 25 KPIs in 2010” report of their choice.
✔ Other resources
Participants will receive the KPI Infographic developed by the KPI Institute, which is a brief presentation of good practices in using KPIs.
People interested in performance management
The training course is designed for people interested in measuring and evaluating performance in medical centers, who want to understand the structure of a performance management system in this area, as well as its features. One of the main benefits of this training course is the opportunity to learn from experts in the field how to develop a performance management system for medical centers. This training program provides participants with examples, case studies and practical exercises, which together constitute a unique learning experience.
Top/middle/lower management people
Individuals from top/middle/lower management and their organizations, irrespective of their field of expertise, will have the opportunity to discover a structured approach to the implementation of a performance management system and good practices in this area. Moreover, the course provides the tools and resources required for the successful implementation of a performance management system within medical centers. The networking opportunity and the possibility of sharing knowledge and personal experiences constitute an extremely useful learning experience.
Healthcare professionals have the opportunity to get acquainted with a thorough performance measurement and evaluation approach, by implementing an integrated performance management system based on KPIs, behaviors and competences. Starting from the processes and tools they already use, at the end of this course, participants will have a clearer perspective not only on how a performance management system should work, but also on how to improve the architecture in place.
Business Research Analyst and Trainer
Master’s in Accounting
Master’s in Organizational Management
Cristina Tărâță is a Senior Research Analyst and facilitator at INTEGERPERFORM, the consulting arm of The KPI Institute, the global authority on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) research and education.
As coordinator of the research activity, she contributed to:
- The development of the platform smartkpis.com, by documenting over 1,000 KPIs from 16 functional areas and 25 industries;
- The launch of over 90 “Top 25 KPIs in 2011-2012” reports;
- The development of “The KPI Compendium”, a publication that comprises more than 20,000 KPIs.
Moreover, Cristina is involved in consultancy projects on the implementation of Balanced Scorecard-based performance management systems at strategic, operational and individual level, as well as the review of performance management systems architecture in companies from various fields such as the petrochemical industry, medical services, the public sector and professional services. Cristina is also one of the contributors to Performance Magazine, an online magazine on performance management, where she writes weekly articles on performance management topics.
As a trainer certified by the National Authority for Qualifications from Romania, Cristina delivered the following performance management training courses and workshops:
- In-house seminars for the implementation of a performance management system at INTEGERPERFORM;
- The “Performance Management in Call Centers: KPIs, Scorecard and Dashboard” training course;
- The “Performance Criteria, Evaluating and Improving Employee Performance” training course, as part of the advisory project for the company CELCO;
- The “Key Performance Indicators for HR: Scorecard and Dashboard” workshop;
- The “Friday Night at the ER” business simulation, as part of the “Performance Management in Romania – 2013” Conference, held in Sibiu, Romania.
The “Performance Management in Medical Centers: KPIs, Scorecard and Dashboard” training course provides an interactive practice-based learning environment in which participants:
- Apply the knowledge acquired during each training session in exercises;
- Analyze case studies and interpret results;
- Share their own experience and good practices in the field;
- Are part of a knowledge evaluation process both before and after the training course.
At the end of the course, participants will take a knowledge test that comprises 20 questions. The maximum score that can be obtained is 20 points and in order to receive the diploma that acknowledges their competences in the field, participants must obtain at least 10 points.
În curs de dezvoltare.
• Resurse Complementare
În curs de desfășurare.
Contact us for details and registration!
Marketing and PR Coordinator
Phone: +40 369 801 650
Mobile: +40 746 673 701
1. What is the value added of this course?
The main advantage of participating in this course is the possibility of understanding and correctly evaluating performance in medical centers. Participants can share their experience, as well as good practices, during group discussions and exercises.
2. How do I get access to course materials and other resources?
Each participant will receive an e-mail with the course materials and other useful resources within 3 days from the termination of the course. The 1-month Premium subscription to the platform www.indicatorideperformanta.ro will become active starting with the second day after the end of the course.
3. Should I study prior to the course?
The participation in this course is not conditioned by a prior preparation or research in the field. The first training session is designed as an introduction to the world of KPIs, and it is meant to provide a common knowledge base for all participants.
4. Are there other useful resources that I could use in my continuous professional training?
Each participant will have access to a series of useful KPI resources. The materials and links provided after each training session, as well as the additional links to recommended literature in the field represent continuous learning opportunities. Moreover, in order to get the latest performance management news, participants interested in their continuous training in this field can access the blog: www.indicatorideperformanta.ro/blog.
5. Can another person replace the person that signed up for the course?
You can appoint someone else to attend the course, without paying another registration fee, should you not be able to participate in the course, subsequent to your registration.
Mihaela Todor, HR Manager, Electrogrup