Implementing Succession Management Programs
Succession management is not linked to the talents that an organization needs now. It refers to “projecting” the talent, knowledge, skills and competences required in the future.
The course is designed as an interactive program that lasts for one day.
- Understanding the succession management key concepts;
- Understanding the succession on key positions planning and the adequate training of employees in order to develop their skills;
- Selecting and implementing the best methods and instruments in order to measure employee performance and potential;
- Identifying employees with potential and offering the professional development opportunities that enable them to progress and take over a larger set of tasks;
- Participating in succession metrics identification simulations, as well as career development plans simulations.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Implement the best methods and instruments for measuring employee performance and potential;
- Recruit people possessing the competences required to fill in key positions by resorting to a succession management system with a broader perspective;
- Develop succession management programs;
- Identify career interests and objectives;
- Create career and development plans.
Developing succession management programs
Discussion: Succession management challenges;
- Defining succession management;
- Succession management and performance management;
- Succession management vs. succession planning;
- Succession management vs. workforce planning;
- Defining talent pipeline.
Career planning – Succession management from the employee’s perspective
Exercise: How is this course aligned with your career goals?
- Identifying interests and career goals;
- Identifying and measuring competencies;
- Creating a career and development plan;
- Follow up on development opportunities.
Templates: Career plan, development plan.
Talent assessments and talent review
Case study | Exercise.
- Talent assessment tools: 9-Box;
- Methods for assessing performance and potential;
- Designing career paths;
- Leadership development.
Templates: 9-Box, examples of suppliers and their tools.
Planning succession management
Exercise: Identifying successors
- Matching staff needs and individual abilities;
- Succession management stakeholders and their roles;
- Succession management roadmap;
- Succession management calendar;
- Measuring the impact of succession management efforts;
Templates: Roadmap, calendar, metrics.
✔ Course material
Participants will receive a hard and an electronic copy of the course, as well as an Excel document with the course notes and the exercises solved during the training.
✔ Field-related resources
Participants will receive a set of resources that includes examples of IPM Roadmap, individual performance management templates, the 5B in succession management, Career pathing, stages of the succession management process, setting objectives and competences, metrics relevant for succession management.
✔ Premium Subscription – 1 month
Participants will have access to over 7,000 KPIs examples, to 38 documentation fields and will be able to export 500 documented KPIs from our platform indicatorideperformanta.ro. Moreover, they will be given access to the “Top 10 KPIs in 2010” report, and to a “Top 25 KPIs in 2010” report of their choice.
✔ Other resources
Participants will receive the KPI Infographic developed by the KPI Institute, which is a brief presentation of good practice in using KPIs. Moreover, participants will also receive other performance management-related resources.
Our courses were attended by participants from organizations such as:
People interested in succession management
One of the main advantages of this course is the opportunity to learn and obtain recognition for the knowledge and skills required to manage talent for key positions within the organization. Professionals from any field and people interested in succession management will acquire the knowledge needed in order to identify the right candidates and make sure they are well prepared to take over key positions. The approach of this course combines theoretical aspects with exercises, case studies and examples from practice, and shapes a unique learning experience.
Top/middle/lower management people
Individuals from top/middle/lower management and their organizations, irrespective of their field of expertise, interested in the implementation of a succession management program within their team or department, will be glad to discover innovative methods of ensuring and developing the talent required to fill in key positions. This course helps participants understand the tools and resources needed for the successful implementation of a succession management system. The networking opportunity and sharing experience from their own organization represent an extremely useful learning experience for participants. By sharing good practice in the field, both the participants and the trainer can come up with solutions to challenges their organizations face.
For HR professionals, such as HR Consultants, HR Specialists, HR Managers or HR Associates, it is important to obtain the recognition of their succession management knowledge. Succession management is a process that inevitably takes place in an organization, but on many situations the approach is not standardized and there are not well-defined processes. For a greater efficiency in the distribution of talent, a strategic and rigorous approach of this phenomenon is required. This course will provide specialists with the tools and methodology to be employed for a successful implementation of the succession management system. Moreover, participants will have the opportunity to discover good practice in the field shared by experts from other organizations.
Business Research Analyst and Trainer
Master’s in Administration and Public Management
Raluca Vintilă is Business Research Analyst at INTEGERPERFORM, the consulting arm of The KPI Institute, the global authority on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
Raluca holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Administrative Sciences and a Bachelor’s Degree in International Affairs and European Studies. She attended and graduated from Master’s programs in the fields of Trainers Training and Administration-Public Management. Her academic formation is endorsed by seven internships in public and private organization both in Romania and abroad, most of them on organizational analysis and development.
She is an AIESEC Bucharest Alumni, an international organization where Raluca worked for more than 2 years in the training, quality management and HR areas. This experience helped her develop her skills of delivering international training programs.
Raluca has been working in the field of training and individual development for over 3 years. She is interested in performance management and an advocate of interactive learning methods.Training fields:
- Communication and public speaking;
- Setting objectives;
- Development of creativity;
- Project management;
- Training delivery methods and techniques;
- Designing training programs.
About her training programs in numbers:
- Training sessions held in 2013: 32
- Hours spent in training rooms: 168
- Approximate number of participants: 2139
The “Implementing Succession Management Programs” course provides an interactive practice-based learning environment in which participants:
- Add value to group discussions by sharing their own experience;
- Participate actively and discover the field with the aid of exercises;
- Apply the concepts analyzed in case studies;
- Assess their knowledge before and after the course.
At the end of the course, participants will take a knowledge test that comprises 20 questions. The maximum score that can be obtained is 20 points and in order to receive the diploma that acknowledges the competences in the field, participants must obtain at least 10 points.
5-7 Calea Dorobanților, District 1
(+4021) 201 5000
(+4021) 201 1888
- Participation fee:
185 Euro + VAT*
160 Euro + VAT** – registration and payment made 2 weeks before the course
140 Euro + VAT*** – registration of 2 or more participants from the same organization/ Acumen Integrat customers
Contact us for details and registration!
Marketing and PR Coordinator
Phone: +40 369 801 650
Mobile: +40 746 673 701
“I recommend this course because it is a relatively new segment, known by very few and not widely applied in HR by Romanian professionals. The implementation of this concept [succession management] helps avoid issues related to a high employee turnover.”
Mioara Albu, Head of HR Department, Compa
“I recommend this course to all the companies that want to implement succession management. The course agenda provides new information on succession management and methods of how to apply succession management.”
Ana-Andreea Ghenie, Training specialist, Compa
“The course explains core concepts related to succession management. It is a well-structured program with added value.”
Nadia Părpăluţă, HR Manager, Electroalfa Internaţional
The 5Bs of succession management and the 9 Box Matrix
- Hanson, E. (2012),Talent Reviews and High-Potential Identification
- Jacobs, D. (2012), McDonald’s Recipe for Success Brought New CEO to the Table, Forbes
- Lamoureu, K., Campbell, M. and Smith, R. (2009), High Impact Succession Management
- PageUp People (2009), Succession Planning & Management in Tough Economic Times
- Annie E. Casey Foundation (2008), Building Leaderful Organizations
1. What is the purpose of succession management?
Succession management is aimed at aligning the medium and long term strategy of an organization with their employees’ interests and career aspirations. This way, a group of talented employees, who show they are capable and flexible, will be prepared to take over different roles. Since a position can be filled for a long, as well as a short period of time, the number of talented successors should be greater than the number of key positions. Moreover, succession management reduces recruitment and selection costs, and has a positive influence not only on profitability, by improving the performance of a key employee, but also on the organization’s reputation as an employer.
2. How do I get access to course materials and inclusions?
Each participant will receive an e-mail with the course materials and other useful resources within 3 days from the termination of the course. The 1-month Premium subscription to the platform www.indicatorideperformanta.ro, will become active starting with the second day after the termination of the course.
3. Can another person replace the person that signed up for the course?
You can appoint someone else to attend the course, without paying another registration fee, should you not be able to participate in the course, subsequent to your registration.
4. What is the next step of my professional development after participating in this course?
The learning experience provided by this course can be complemented by the value added of other courses such as: “Implementing and optimizing employee engagement programs”, “Performance criteria, evaluating and improving employee performance”, “Integrating talent management processes”.
5. What makes this course different?
The exercises and case studies discussed, which address specific field-related situations and facilitate the learning process, represent one of the main aspects that make this training program different.
Diana Iusco, Quality Management Systems Manager, Green Sofa