This course is designed as an interactive two-day program and provides the training needed for the implementation of new assessment initiatives in the employee evaluation process and the improvement of the existing ones.
- Understand the individual performance management system and its implementation;
- Improve organizational performance by implementing individual performance management systems;
- Use the key individual performance management tools in practice and develop new tools by using the key planning documents;
- Have access to a set of performance management tools and relevant templates to help them put into practice the knowledge acquired (career plan, development plan, competences and behaviors).
By the end of this course participants will be able to:
- Understand the general performance management framework;
- Understand the individual performance management processes;
- Use key tools to measure tangible results and to organize an individual performance evaluation system;
- Realize performance evaluations for employees;
- Develop a personal approach of employee performance management.
Day 1: Performance architecture
Key aspects of individual performance
Discussion: Challenges in measuring and evaluating performance.
- The relationship between individual performance management and measurement;
- Historical perspectives on performance management and measurement;
- Performance management and performance measurement theories.
Exercise:Distinguishing performance management and performance measurement theories.
Individual performance architecture
- Individual performance management system structure
- Defining key concepts: Objectives, KPIs, evaluation criteria, targets, competences and behaviors;
- Performance review meeting.
Tools: Balanced Scorecard, Individual Performance Scorecard, 360-degree Evaluation.
- Stages of individual performance management system implementation;
- Inventory of main tools used in the implementation process;
- Role of templates in the implementation process;
- Aligning the individual performance management system to other organizational systems.
- Individual performance plans;
- Establishing, aligning and evaluating individual objectives, competences and behaviors;
- Performance planning meetings.
Exercise: Filling in the individual performance plan;
Day 2: Human aspects in individual performance management
Human interrelations and effort appreciation
- Interrelations and appreciation in performance management;
- Feedback and appreciation tools in individual performance management;
- Human and cultural aspects of performance.
Exercise: Identifying and developing practical appreciation measures.
- Evaluation and feedback sessions: Preliminary aspects, deployment and future actions.
Discussion: The employee with different types of performance and employee appreciation
- Evaluating and rewarding performance;
- Incentive systems.
- Role, benefits and structure of coaching;
- Coaching planning;
- Performance feedback from manager;
- Advice for better communicating;
- Evaluation test.
- Advice on individual performance management;
- Key concepts review;
Discussion: Succession management
- The 9 Box tool;
Final evaluation test.
✔ Course material
Participants will receive a hard and an electronic copy of the course, as well as the course notes and the exercises solved during the training sessions.
✔ The Individual Performance Management Toolkit
Participants will receive a set of Excel preconfigured tools that includes: career plan, individual performance map, individual Scorecard, behaviors, competences, development plan, portfolio of initiatives, performance evaluation form.
✔ Premium Subscription – 3 months
Participants will have access to over 7,000 KPIs examples, to 38 documentation fields and will be able to export 500 documented KPIs from our platform indicatorideperformanta.ro.
Moreover, they will be given access to the “Top 10 KPIs in 2010” report, and to a “Top 25 KPIs in 2010” report of their choice.
✔ Other resources
Participants will receive the KPI Infographic developed by the KPI Institute, which is a brief presentation of good practices in using KPIs.
Our courses were attended by participants from organizations such as:
People interested in individual performance management
Entrepreneurs, analysts and professionals from any field, interested in employee engagement programs, will acquire the knowledge needed to understand the aspects that influence employee engagement and the different methods that could help improve employee engagement levels. This course is based on examples, case studies and practical exercises, which together create a unique learning experience.
Top/middle/lower management people
Individuals from top/middle/lower management and their respective organizations, regardless of their field of expertise, interested in measuring and evaluating employee performance, will be glad to discover a structured approach to the implementation of an individual performance management system, as well as best practices in the field. The course helps participants understand the tools and the resources required for a successful implementation of such a system. Moreover, the networking opportunity and the professional experience shared by fellow participants constitute an extremely useful learning experience. In addition to this, by sharing good practice in the field, both the participants and the trainer can come up with solutions to the challenges that exist within organizations.
This course offers HR professionals, such as HR Consultants, HR Managers or HR Associates, the opportunity to have exposure to a rigorous approach to individual performance management and evaluation, through the implementation of an integrated employee performance measurement system, based on KPIs, behaviors and competences. Starting from the processes and tools already used in their organizations, after completing this course participants can return to their organizations having a more coherent perspective on how an individual performance management system should work and how they could improve the architecture already in place. Moreover, for professionals who have just started such a project, this training course provides the knowledge required in order to understand the steps to be followed in the implementation of the project.
Business Research Analyst and Trainer
Master’s in Accounting
Master’s in Organizational Management
Cristina Tărâță is a Senior Research Analyst and facilitator at INTEGERPERFORM, the consulting arm of The KPI Institute, the global authority on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) research and education. As coordinator of the research activity, she contributed to: The development of the platform smartkpis.com, by documenting over 1,000 KPIs from 16 functional areas and 25 industries; The launch of over 90 “Top 25 KPIs in 2011-2012” reports; The development of “The KPI Compendium”, a publication that comprises more than 20,000 KPIs.
Moreover, Cristina is involved in consultancy projects on the implementation of Balanced Scorecard-based performance management systems at strategic, operational and individual level, as well as the review of performance management systems architecture in companies from various fields such as the petrochemical industry, medical services, the public sector and professional services. Cristina is also one of the contributors to Performance Magazine, an online magazine on performance management, where she writes weekly articles on performance management topics.
As a trainer certified by the National Authority for Qualifications from Romania, Cristina delivered the following performance management training courses and workshops:
- In-house seminars for the implementation of a performance management system at INTEGERPERFORM;
- The “Performance Management in Call Centers: KPIs, Scorecard and Dashboard” training course;
- The “Performance Criteria, Evaluating and Improving Employee Performance” training course, as part of the advisory project for the company CELCO;
- The “Key Performance Indicators for HR: Scorecard and Dashboard” workshop;
- The “Friday Night at the ER” business simulation, as part of the “Performance Management in Romania – 2013” Conference, held in Sibiu, Romania.
Her professional development is supported by her participation in conferences held in Romania and abroad, both as attendee and speaker. Cristina attended the following conferences:
- “Human Resources Shared Services and Outsourcing Summit 2014”, Chicago, United States of America;
- “Performance Management in Romania 2013”, Sibiu, Romania;
- “Balanced Scorecard & Strategy Summit 2013”, Dubai, United Arab Emirates;
- “Balanced Scorecard Master Class” facilitated by Dr. Robert Kaplan and Dr. David Norton, 2013, Dubai, United Arab Emirates;
- “Performance Management in Romania 2012”, Sibiu, Romania.
The “Performance Criteria, Evaluating and Improving Employee Performance” training provides an interactive practice-based learning environment in which participants:
- Discover through interactive exercises the theoretical concepts;
- Are faced with different scenarios that might arise within an organization, in order to perform a comparative analysis and identify the best approach to be adopted;
- Use templates that they can afterwards customize to suit their organizational needs;
- Analyze case studies and identify solutions for the challenges encountered;
- Share their own experience and good practices in the field.
At the end of each day of training, participants will take a knowledge test that comprises 15 questions.
At the end of the entire training program, participants will take a final test that comprises 40 questions. The maximum score that can be obtained is 40 points and in order to receive the diploma that acknowledges their competences in the field, participants must obtain at least 30 points.
5-7 Calea Dorobanților, District 1,
(+4021) 201 5000
(+4021) 201 1888
11 – 12 December
- Participation fee:
320 Euro + VAT*
280 Euro + VAT** registration and payment made 2 weeks before the course
250 Euro + VAT*** registration of 2 or more participants from the same organization/ Acumen Integrat customers
Contact us for details and registration!
Marketing and PR Coordinator
Phone: +40 369 801 650
Mobile: +40 746 673 701
“The “Performance Criteria, Evaluating and Improving Employee Performance” course is a program developed on a very important topic and organized according to the standards.”
Dan Obada, Professional Development Coordinator, TVR
“The videos presented during this course were really good and helped me understand how to naturally apply the theoretical concepts learned.”
Anca Leonte, HR Manager Accountess Profile
• Individual Performance Management Architecture
This tool is a graphic illustration of all the elements that together represent an organization’s performance management system. Its main purpose is to offer a clear perspective on the relationship that exists between the system’s different components.
• “Understanding individual performance management” Webinar
The “Understanding individual performance management” webinar, offered by Acumen Integrat in partnership with The KPI Institute, provides useful information on the role of KPIs for employees and employee evaluation, as well as on the integration of this system within the organization.
1. What is the value added of the course?
Individual performance management helps align and understand individual contribution in achieving strategic objectives, reach the desired performance level, better distribute team work and create a working environment at high performance standards. The value added of this course is given by the presentation of a rigorous framework for the implementation of an employee evaluation and measurement system.
2. Should I study prior to the “Certified Key Performance Indicators Professional” course?
The participation in this course is not conditioned by prior preparation or research in the field. The first training session is designed as an introduction to the world of KPIs, and it is meant to provide a common knowledge base for all participants.
3. How do I get access to course materials and other resources?
Each participant will receive an e-mail with the course materials and other useful resources within 3 days from the termination of the course.
The Premium subscription to the platform www.indicatorideperformanta.ro will become active starting with the second day of the course.
4. Are there other useful resources that I could use in my continuous professional training?
Each participant will have access to a series of useful KPI resources. The materials and links provided after each training session, as well as the additional links to recommended reading in the field, represent continuous learning opportunities. Moreover, in order to get the latest performance management news, participants interested in their continuous training in the field should access the blog indicatorideperformanta.ro/blog.
5. Can another person replace the person that signed up for the course?
You can appoint someone else to attend the course, without paying another registration fee, should you not be able to participate in the course, subsequent to your registration.
Anca Gavrilă, HR Inspector, Green Sofa