At the crossroad of organizational strategy and human resources enhancement lies the need to develop team management skills. This course prepares participants to build and manage teams in order to achieve the desired results. The purpose of this course is to develop team management-related competences and it comprises elements of communication, leadership, and performance monitoring in the context of team management. The “Team Management” training program emphasizes the experience-based learning processes.
- Understand the role of a team manager through exercises and case studies;
- Interact with the other participants and identify solutions to common challenges;
- Be part of a learning environment that encourages participants to share their ideas, experiences and good practices in the field.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Apply the techniques of setting targets, objectives and team performance standards;
- Identify opportunities of improving team performance;
- Overcome obstacles that hinder engagement and collaboration;
- Develop a framework for an efficient communication between team members;
- Identify the skill development potential of team members.
Understanding team management
Exercise: Team formation stages
- Identifying and measuring competences;
Exercise: Setting objectives
- Setting targets, objectives and team performance standards.
Case study: Aligning organizational activities and objectives
Using team management elements
Exercise: Team communication
- Building efficient communication;
Exercise: Feedback techniques
- Managing team conflicts;
- Leadership typologies.
Exercise: Personal leadership
Generated value and team performance assessment
Case study: Gamification
- Team performance measurement tools;
- Team performance and assessing results;
- Coaching and mentoring;
- Performance review meeting.
Template: Development plan
✔ Course material
Participants will receive a hard and an electronic copy of the course, as well as a document with the exercises solved during the training sessions.
✔ Premium Subscription – 1 month
Participants will have access to over 7,000 KPIs examples, to 38 documentation fields and will be able to export 500 documented KPIs from our platform indicatorideperformanta.ro. Moreover, they will be given access to the “Top 10 KPIs in 2010” report, and to a “Top 25 KPIs in 2010” report of their choice.
✔ Recommended reading
Participants will receive a list of additional resources that can be accessed in order to continue the learning process in the field.
Who should attend?
People interested in team management
People preoccupied with improving team performance will acquire the knowledge needed in order to understand team management. Apart from gaining knowledge in the field, participants have the opportunity to apply the theoretical concepts learned in applied exercises. For this category of participants, the main learning components are linked to acquiring knowledge in the field and its application.
Top/middle/lower management people
People from top/middle/lower management, regardless of their field of expertise, who hold team management-related positions, will discover new methods of improving their own activity, as well as the performance of their team. The networking opportunity and sharing experience from their own organization represent an extremely useful learning experience for participants. By sharing good practices in the field, both the participants and the trainer can come up with solutions to the challenges their organizations face.
Team management experts
Professionals who already use certain team management practices will come across new perspectives in the field. Therefore, the course is a good opportunity to broaden their team management knowledge. Although they might possess specialized knowledge and skills, team management experts might be faced with the need to assess the sustainability of the practices they already use, and identify opportunities of improving them.
Business Research Analyst and Trainer
Master’s in Administration and Public Management
Raluca Vintilă is a Business Research Analyst at INTEGERPERFORM, the consulting arm of The KPI Institute, the global authority on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) research and education.
Raluca holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Administrative Sciences and a Bachelor’s Degree in International Affairs and European Studies. She attended and graduated from Master’s programs in the fields of Trainers Training and Administration-Public Management. Her academic formation is endorsed by seven internships in public and private organization both in Romania and abroad, most of them on organizational analysis and development.
Raluca has been working in the field of training and individual development for over 3 years. She is interested in performance management and an advocate of interactive learning methods.
- Communication and public speaking;
- Setting objectives;
- Creativity development;
- Project management;
- Training delivery methods and techniques;
- Designing training programs.
About her training programs in numbers:
- Training sessions held in 2013: 32
- Hours spent in training rooms: 168
- Approximate number of participants: 2139
The “Team Management” is a highly interactive course, which focuses on reality-based learning and interaction between organizations, in which participants:
- Solve exercises, analyze case studies and participate in relevant simulations;
- Are engaged in thematic discussions;
- Are offered a practice-based learning environment.
Participants will answer a set of questions before and after each session in order to assess their knowledge. For an integrated approach, at the end of this course, participants will take an evaluation test that consists of 40 questions. To receive the diploma that acknowledges their competences in the field, participants must obtain at least 20 points.
5-7 Calea Dorobanților, District 1
(+4021) 201 5000
(+4021) 201 1888
- Participation fee:
185 Euro + VAT*
160 Euro + VAT** – registration and payment made 2 weeks before the course
140 Euro + VAT*** – registration of 2 or more participants from the same organization/ Acumen Integrat customers
Contact us for details and registration!
Marketing and PR Coordinator
Phone: +40 369 801 650
Mobile: +40 746 673 701
“Newly introduced course in the training catalogue.”
• Template – Setting objectives for team members
This tool helps participant identify the relationship that exists between individual and team objectives, based on the idea that individual objectives contribute to a proper distribution of tasks. The template increases the visibility of the team members’ long term contribution to the activity of the team.
• Individual development plan template
This tool provides clarity in the professional development process, highlighting the steps to follow in order to reach the development objectives set. Designing an individual plan contributes to the improvement of employee engagement towards the previously set objectives.
Its purpose is to monitor the progress made and to identify the development areas that need further intervention.
1. Why should I acquire team management knowledge?
Performance is a collaborative action, and, therefore, the goal setting process and the distribution of tasks within a team are essential. In order for the permanent interaction between team members to lead to performance, success and generate value added, knowledge and mastery of the domain are paramount.
2. What is the value added by this course?
This course combines communication, feedback, leadership, coaching and mentoring elements, as well as aspects focused on developing team management strategic competences. The practice-based learning process and the participation in open discussions determine participants to use their own resources in order to answer to the challenges encountered in practice. Moreover, this training course is a good opportunity to socialize with people who have the same field of interest.
3. What other courses can I register for after participating in this course?
The learning experience provided by this course can be complemented by the participation in courses such as:
• Performance Criteria, Evaluating and Improving Employee Performance;
• Implementing and Optimizing Employee Engagement Programs;
• Implementing Succession Management Programs.
4. Should I have previous experience in team management in order to participate in this course?
This course is addressed to both professionals and people without experience in the field. It is designed so that both categories of participants can benefit from relevant learning experiences. The first training session provides a common knowledge base for all the participants.
5. Can another person replace the person that signed up for the course?
You can appoint someone else to attend the course, without paying another registration fee, should you not be able to participate in the course, subsequent to your registration.
Mihaela Todor, HR Manager, Electrogrup